If you’re wondering if a content marketing strategy is right for your small business, it can be helpful to establish a clear definition of what exactly this approach is. Basically, content marketing is simply providing your audience and target customers with useful, informative and relevant content that is also intended to help your brand and business. Content marketing may take a somewhat less direct approach compared to other forms of marketing, such as digital advertising, but if implemented properly, it can offer several key advantages for small businesses.
No matter what platform you deliver your content through, whether it’s a blog, white paper, e-book, webinar or landing page, it needs to demonstrate your business’s strengths to truly be effective. By thinking about what sets your small business apart and what types of insight and expertise you can offer, you can start to develop a strategy that will help you gain the full benefits of content marketing.
What can small businesses get from content marketing?
Here are just five benefits your small business can gain from developing and implementing a high-quality content marketing strategy:
- Demonstrate thought leadership — Even if you’re a small business, your experts have something to say. High-quality content can help you go toe-to-toe with larger organizations while showing what sets you apart.
- Build a loyal audience — If you can create compelling messages that consistently resonate with your prospective customers, they will be more likely to follow your business and keep coming back over a long period of time.
- Establish brand authority — On a similar note, trustworthy content will help people to associate your brand with quality and authority in your industry. This can be especially beneficial to small businesses that are looking to establish themselves.
- Help customers overcome obstacles — Content marketing can be employed throughout your customer conversion process to address some of the key concerns and decision-making obstacles they face.
- Drive sales and leads — While content marketing may be seen as a “softer” approach, it can still be used to drive sales and leads. In fact, you can use content marketing to take a deep dive into your products and services, and their benefits, to make potential customers more likely to convert.
Burg & Co. can help you maximize the benefits of content marketing
Our team has years of experience in helping small businesses achieve ROI through content marketing strategies. We also know how to effectively integrate content marketing with search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC) and social media marketing to create comprehensive digital campaigns that help you reach lead generation and sales goals.
Contact us today to learn more and to schedule a free marketing consultation.