Marketing was already a fast paced field before the rise of the internet. Even in the age of print and television advertising, businesses and agencies had to stay on top of trends to gain a competitive edge.
In our modern digital world, marketing has gone into overdrive. Platforms that nobody had heard of 10 years ago (Instagram, anyone?) can now be a fundamental part of your marketing and communications strategy. Google can release an update to their search algorithm out of nowhere that could turn your content strategy upside down. The list goes on and on.
This year is proving to be no exception, particularly for inbound marketing. As more and more people continue to do more business online, the way we make meaningful connections with our audience and attract them to us continues to evolve. To help you stay on top of things, our experts are sharing some lead generation tips for your inbound channels that we’ve identified so far this year.
Follow these tips to stay ahead of the inbound marketing curve
Lead generation for inbound marketing is about connecting with your audience and delivering useful content that makes them gravitate naturally to your brand. This fundamental element will never change, but there are some trends and tools that have developed that can be integrated into your basic approach to help convert interested people into leads for your business. Here are five tips to help you take advantage:
- Know your audience — Many platforms are giving marketers the ability to better segment their audience and target them with unique content. To take advantage of this you need to be able to identify the segments of your audience that are the best potential leads.
- Create personalized content — This follows from the first tip. Identifying your best potential leads can only take you so far if you’re casting too wide of a net. Make sure that any content, from a social media post to a blog to a white paper, is created with the unique needs of the target audience in mind.
- Integrate video and images — People respond to video and images. It creates an emotional reaction and it can break up large blocks of text. It also converts. In fact, according to HubSpot, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- Reassure your audience — Digital audiences in 2019 have had to deal with data breaches, hacking and scandals. Marketers should be doing whatever they can to reassure their audience by being transparent and using language that builds trust as much as possible. Obviously this language needs to be backed up with trustworthy and transparent actions from your business as well.
- Realize your audience is on the go — People are consuming their content on mobile devices more than desktop devices in 2019, and there is no turning back. Any inbound strategy and content should be optimized and formatted properly for mobile devices. Content should be broken up and easily digestible, and your website should load quickly, among other things.
Any knowledgeable business can implement these tips to increase their lead generation capacity, but you don’t have to go it alone. The complexity of the modern digital marketplace makes working with professional marketing experts more worthwhile in 2019 than ever before.
Burg & Co. Marketing can help you generate leads this year and in the future
We are a team of digital storytellers who have decades of combined experience working exclusively on digital and inbound marketing strategies for leading companies. Burg & Co. can help you achieve your lead generation goals and find a return on your marketing investment by helping you create an integrated inbound marketing plan that is right for you. We offer high-performance solutions for pay-per-click advertising, search engine optimization, content marketing and social media platforms.
Contact us today and find out more.