You may have a lot of great content marketing products like informative articles or videos. But if those products don’t rank well in search engines, you might be struggling to deliver your valuable content to a wide audience. That’s why it’s important to improve the SEO of your content marketing products, so that the content which you’ve invested time and resources into creating has the potential to reach the widest audience possible.
There are a few different strategies that can help improve the SEO of your content marketing products. Today, we’ll be taking a look at how to improve your E-A-T for Google. If you don’t know what E-A-T is, we’ll get you up to speed and outline five steps you can take that can help you rank higher in Google.
What is E-A-T?
E-A-T simply stands for expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness. Basically all the things that a user would want in a website before they click on it. And Google wants to serve up the best websites for users, too, especially those that are credible. Thus, the E-A-T guidelines were created. Think of them as a benchmark to assess the overall quality of a webpage, which Google uses to help determine where to rank that webpage in search results. Are you still with me? Great.
So how would you improve the expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness of your content marketing products so that they could rank higher on Google? That’s what we’re going to focus on today.
Five ways to improve your E-A-T that can optimize your content marketing SEO
- Include credentials — Your content marketing products likely contain valuable information, but a reader might be wondering if that information can be trusted. This is why it’s important to include credentials for articles and make sure that the reader knows who wrote the blog post they’re reading. Including a biography of an author on their own author page can also help prove their authority on the subject, which in turn helps promote trust.
- Earn links from authoritative websites — Another way to improve your website’s credibility is to earn links from authoritative websites that already have good E-A-T. If an authoritative website links to you, it’s essentially telling Google that your website also has something valuable to contribute. One way to do this is to reach out to websites to publish a guest blog post or to partner on a content marketing product like a video or an article.
- Keep your information up to date — If the content that you’re publishing on your website is meant to inform or educate your target audience, then it’s important to keep that information timely. Digital trends change quickly, and keeping up to date with the latest information can help you appear more in touch, which in turn improves your brand credibility. Timely information is also a metric that can help Google and users gauge your expertise on a subject.
- Edit content that detracts from your E-A-T — As companies evolve over time, their content evolves with them. Going back to the earliest published content on your website, you might find that your presentation has come a long way. If that’s the case, it’s important to edit or cut that content to help meet your current standards. When Google crawls these webpages again, it can help improve your E-A-T.
- Publish quality content — Perhaps the biggest and most important step you can take toward improving your E-A-T is holding your content to a high standard. When you publish content like blog posts or educational articles that really help a user, they’ll likely remember your brand and come back for more helpful content. That’s why it’s important to keep the user in mind with all your content.
Want to improve the SEO of your content marketing products? Burg & Co. can help
Improving your E-A-T can help the SEO of your content marketing products. However, this can be a difficult task when you don’t know exactly what steps to take. Fortunately, this is what we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in SEO and content marketing. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about SEO and content marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.