It used to be that people and physical media, like billboards and newspaper ads, were the face of a company. Increasingly, this role is now being played by a business’s website. The volume of traffic on your website can be affected by the face your site presents to users.
In many cases, bettering the experience your customers have while they’re on your website is the key to figuring out how to improve your website traffic.
Improving customer experience is how you can improve your website traffic
There are many factors that can help draw new and returning users to your website, but one of the most important ways to improve website traffic is to revamp your site’s customer experience (CX).
There are a lot of elements that make up CX, but what it’s really about is the perception that customers have of your brand. Links on your site that don’t work. Blurry or poorly formatted pictures. These are just a few of the site issues that can lead to poor CX, and if customer perception is negative, you’re likely to see less traffic on your site. Conversely, a positive perception can help drive more traffic to your site.
Tips for improving customer experience and website traffic
Businesses that are trying to figure out how to improve customer experience as a means of increasing website traffic should try these tips:
- Create a clear vision — You can’t set to work revamping your customer experience if you don’t have a clear vision of what it should be. Start building this vision by creating a set of statements that can act as guidelines for every aspect of your business.
- Find out who your customers are — It’s important to know who your customers are. If you’re looking to improve CX on your website, you may need to research:
- Who is coming to your site.
- What products and services they’re looking at or purchasing.
- How they feel about your website.
- Strengthen your ability to adapt — A customer’s needs can change in the blink of an eye, and how well your business adapts to their changing needs is crucial to a top-notch CX. One way to ensure that you’re able to adapt to changing customer needs is to add certain features to your website. An example is adding a live chat option that’s available on every page so that you can react to a customer’s needs in real time.
Want to find more ways to improve your website traffic? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, this is what we specialize in at Burg & Co.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.