Throughout the last few years, search engines have been stressing the importance of mobile-friendliness by rolling out algorithms that index pages based on mobile performance. Research is showing that more search engine requests come from smartphones and tablets, so search engines are doing their best to keep up with this trend by encouraging businesses to make mobile-friendly sites.
Part of your complete digital marketing efforts should include making a mobile-friendly website. We’ve highlighted a few steps below that are too important to ignore if you want to maintain a successful mobile website for your healthcare services.
Five tips for making a more mobile-friendly site
- Create pages that load fast — Use images and layouts that load fast on mobile devices and are easy to navigate. Slow-loading and clunky pages result in a much lower rank on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Use AMP — Short for Accelerated Mobile Pages, AMP is an open-source coding that allows websites and ads to load much faster on mobile devices. Talk to your web developer about introducing AMP to your web development strategy.
- Produce content with mobile users in mind — Mobile users tend to look for content in on-the-go scenarios and they use voice search frequently. This means you need to use more long-tail keywords that are optimized for voice search and more content that is helpful in quick, on-the-go searches.
- Create a listing in Google My Business — Google My Business is a free tool that lets businesses manage their web presence on Google and in Google Maps. Healthcare facilities should have a Google My Business Listing that makes it easier for people to find them and learn more about them.
- Use more texting services — Modern consumers are more open to receiving text communication from businesses and healthcare organizations. Consider implementing texting into your service to remind patients of appointments or follow up afterward.
Let Burg & Co. help you improve your healthcare marketing
The marketing professionals at Burg & Co. have years of experience in providing digital marketing services for healthcare professionals and other businesses. These services include SEO, PPC, content marketing, social media marketing and more. Contact us today to discover how our digital marketing services can help attract more visitors to your site and more patients to your healthcare facilities.