There is a huge amount of video content out there, and more and more of it is content that businesses have created as part of their marketing campaigns.
One study reports that 86% of businesses said they were using video marketing in 2021. Additionally, 87% of businesses report that they’ve had a positive return on investment from their video content.
Following certain search engine optimization (SEO) rules can help make your video marketing more effective. Yet you might not know which SEO rules are important when creating and posting video content.
These three SEO rules can help increase video marketing effectiveness:
- Create a video sitemap — A sitemap is a detailed blueprint of your website. It often contains information about the pages, videos and other content on your website. Sitemaps allow search engines to more easily find your site.
Businesses that create or are planning to create lots of video content for marketing purposes may want to build a separate video sitemap. This allows search engines to determine important things about your videos, such as:
- Which of your website’s pages have videos.
- The content of your videos.
- Optimize for mobile — Another SEO rule to follow for your video marketing is to optimize your video content for mobile devices. One reason to do this is that a study reveals that more than 75% of videos are viewed on a mobile device.
One important step you can take that can make your videos more mobile-friendly is to keep your videos under two minutes or less. Also, make sure you’re creating engaging and eye-catching thumbnails for your videos.
- Don’t ignore video metadata — Many people think that filling in metadata isn’t important for videos. Yet businesses that want to develop effective video marketing content shouldn’t ignore video metadata. The reason is that search engines need it. To successfully index and rank your video, you’ll need to provide search engines with metadata like:
- Meta titles
- Meta descriptions
- Tags that include targeted keywords
Want to develop a robust SEO strategy that includes video marketing? Burg & Co. can help
Increasing traffic to your website plays a role in increasing conversions and leading to new clients. However, it’s difficult to attract visitors to your site when you don’t know what to do. Fortunately, Burg & Co. specializes in helping businesses develop effective SEO strategies, which may include a video marketing component.
Our team has years of experience in helping businesses improve their digital presence to attract new leads and retain existing ones. If you’re looking to perform better in search engine results and attract more visitors to your site, we’re ready to talk to you to see how we can help. Contact our team today for more information about digital marketing or to schedule a complimentary consultation.