What are the different types of content marketing and which is the best?
Content marketing is the practice of creating original content that targets your prospective audience and moves them closer to engaging with you as a prospect, lead or customer. If executed properly, a content marketing strategy builds authority and trust in your brand and creates a loyal audience who are more likely to become advocates for your offers, products and services.
As our world becomes increasingly digital, there are more ways than ever to reach your prospective audience with your message. It’s easy to become overwhelmed at the sheer volume of content marketing channels and platforms available. It’s also natural to wonder which one of these types of content marketing is the best.
Is there really a best type of content marketing?
The fact is that there’s no definitive “best” form of content marketing. Each way of creating content has its own unique advantages and may work better for a particular audience or message. Additionally, an effective content marketing strategy will almost always consist of some kind of mix of channels, often with a collaborative or integrated approach between them.
Crafting an effective content marketing campaign means an understanding of all the options available and how they can work together. This knowledge will enable you to select the medium or platform that is right for the information you want to share or the story you want to tell.
Types of content marketing approaches
Modern content marketing mixes can contain:
- Blogs — These catalogs of posts can let your leaders or staff share their expertise while helping to improve your website’s rankings on search engines.
- Videos — Visuals are always a good idea, and videos can be consumed quickly for an increasingly mobile audience. They can also create a more emotionally engaging experience with facial expression, vocal inflection, imagery and music.
- Ebooks and white papers — Whether for a business-to-business or business-to-consumer audience, these are a great way to build authority in your field if done well.
- Infographics — tThese quickly digestible and informative images can go viral on social media feeds and emails.
- Social media — Your business needs to be on social media actively engaging with your community and building rapport.
Examples of integration include embedding a video on a blog post that is then shared on social media. The best type of content marketing depends on the situation. More importantly, the best type of content marketing is high quality content that improves your brand and is crafted for an audience that you truly understand.
Collaborate with our experts to create the right type of content for you
Burg & Co. Marketing has a team of content marketing experts with decades of experience between them. We’ll work with you closely to understand your business needs and your target audience to create a custom content strategy to help you succeed.
To learn more about how we can help, contact us today.